Monday, January 20, 2014

*NEW* Forever Young

Once again, the words of a Bob Dylan song have turned up in one of my samplers. A meaningful wish for others to live a blessed life, but even more, the words are me hoping that regardless of life’s trials, you will keep a young spirit fresh within. Released on his 1974 album, Planet Waves, the original lyrics are:

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay forever young
Forever young, forever young
May you stay forever young.

Stitch Count: 166 x 178
Model stitched on Weeks Dye Works’ 30ct. Confederate Grey
Using The Gentle Art floss: 0511 Country Redwood, 0590 Terra Cotta, 7000 Harvest Basket, 7039 Bayberry, 7048 Old Hickory, 7060 Picnic Basket, 7080 Endive, 7092 Otter Creek

Frame by Valley House Primitives.

This design is now available in my etsy shop, and will be going out to my distributors and the shops on my automatic shipments list soon. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Love this and will order it right away. I would listen to this song over and over at one time in my life when I was away from my children. Made me cry every time. This sampler will remind of that time, in a bittersweet way. But thats how life often is, the bitter mixed with the sweet.

Penny said...

Love this!!

Marlene said...

I love it. I'll be ordering as soon as I get home. This will be a gift for my daughter. :)