Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Nine

It keeps happening. I can't stop him from growing up.

I positively adore the young man that my little boy is becoming. He is thoughtful, smart, funny, gives the biggest squeezy hugs a Mom could ask for, and tells me daily how glad he is that I'm his Mama. I love the way he looks after and plays with his Sister, and I thoroughly enjoy watching him interact with his Daddy in an ever-growing-up way.

This year, I have taken on being his Math teacher (he is otherwise still fully public-schooled, and he has begun taking guitar lessons. He loves to play Minecraft and Little Big Planet and all things Mario. He reads avidly and wishes with all of his heart for his own bow to learn archery with.

He sleeps on the top bunk and his favorite color is blue.

Today, he turns nine years old.

My boy, my heart.

10 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Happy Birthday to your young man! Can't believe he is 9!

Robin in Virginia

sharon twist said...

Growing up and learning new things.
At the age of nine and sprouting wings.
Wanting to fly, but not so soon, young man.
Grab that guitar and begin to sing.
Even a voice the young man has.
Might turn out to be a star one day.
Write a song and pass it on.
Someone will notice and start you along.
Don't stop there. Keep trying your best.
And one day you will join the rest.


Love that picture of Jack. Jack Twist the guitar playing man.









Marie said...

I love this picture of our birthday boy! Happy birthday, Jack! I love you!!

Hazel said...

Happy birthday!! x

Thoeria said...

A very Happy Birthday to your young man :)
My boy turned 9 in August too....and loves Minecraft and reading too! Lol....I'm pretty sure that he would love a bow too!

Penny said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome son!!

Barb said...

What a handsome young man. I hope his birthday is wonderful!

gracie said...

Happy Birthday to a handsome young boy...

Pam in IL said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Joyeux anniversaire a ce grand garçon!Passez de joyeuses fetes de fin d'année.