Friday, October 09, 2015

*NEW* Pincushion Street

I don’t remember where I saw the quote, perhaps it was printed on a journal cover or some such item, but as soon as I saw it, I knew it needed to be stitched up in a sampler... “Come in the evening or come in the morning. Come when you’re looked for or come without warning.”

Reminds me of former days when we weren’t all addicted to our electronic devices and Sunday afternoons were reserved for popping in unannounced at a friends’ house. I absolutely love the surprise of someone showing up on my doorstep without calling ahead because it tells me that they are comfortable enough with our relationship to know they will be welcomed with open arms, no matter what.

Stitch Count: 251 x 140
Stitched with one thread over two on R&R Reproductions’ 35ct. Classic Homespun

Using thread from The Gentle Art: Brethren Blue(2 skeins), Bayberry(2 skeins), Apple Cider, Picnic Basket, Caramel Corn

And from Weeks Dye Works: Grasshopper, Red Rocks

Conversion to DMC available on request.

The frame was thrifted, then re-finished by me.


This design is now available in my etsy shop, and will be going out to my distributors and the shops on my automatic shipments list soon. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

6 comments:

Krista said...

Love the blue house!! What a sweet design!

Anonymous said...

Is that a pansy pincushion? <3

Halland House Gifts said...

What a lovely design. I think the over-dyed threads are really what make it. This rarely happens, but I'm looking at a spot on my wall where this design would go perfectly. I'd need to move or put away another sampler, but change is good--right?

whitemare said...

This is the first time that I have ever left a comment so bear with me.
My mother kept a small framed sampler of this saying on her wall for at least 50 years.It was embroidered in red and done by her father when he was a little boy. I have never seen this saying anywhere else.

Herry Johnson said...

Whether it’s time for your next factory recommended maintenance visit, a routine oil change, new tires, or repair services on your brakes, muffler and exhaust, suspension, air conditioner, or any other mechanical or electrical component of your car, All Tune of Taylor is here to help you, stay safe and save money. our Taylor All Tune is proud to be a part of the Taylor and Downriver communities. We are proud to be part of the neighborhood and strive to deserve your business with every job we do. Quality Car Repairs in Taylor Michigan, auto mechanic taylor, engine repair taylor,auto tune up taylor brakes repair taylor and best mechanic price taylor.

Annesphamily said...

I was searching for a friend who has a blog with a similar name and I came to your blog! I am going to enjoy visiting and following you here. Love this post too! Thanks for sharing.