Friday, August 17, 2018

*NEW* Festive Little Fobs : Summer Garden Edition

I don't know about where you live, but around here, it's time to start harvesting veggies! The Zucchini is in full swing, Green Beans are starting to ramp up, and Kale is featured at nearly every meal. We have to grow our Tomatoes and Peppers in the greenhouse, and they're still a month away from being ready to eat, but that's the downside of living in the Cascades. This newest set of fobs features some of my favorites: Cauliflower and Beets, Broccoli and Radishes, Peas, Corn, Carrots, and Tomatoes. As well as a thieving Crow and some Gardening Tools. I hope you like this set as much as I do!

This series, unlike the others that I’m in the midst of, has a clear start and finish, as well as a total number of volumes. There will be 12 total, one for each month of 2018. Some will be seasonal, the rest will have general themes, good for any time of year. The intent is for there to be a whole lot of littles that you can stitch for friends and/or that you can fill a little tree with. Imagine if you worked your way through this entire series; with at least 9 different motifs per chart, that’s a total of 108 little ornaments or fobs that you could fill an old feather tree with. Or 108 friends that you could spoil with the labors of your hands.

I’ve included basic instructions for a few of the fob finishes, but I encourage you to explore the internet on your own for the fabulous DIY tutorials there are out there on Floss Tube and Pinterest. I’m far from being an expert finisher, and easily confess that my methods aren’t new. The Silver Dollar finish might be original, but the other finishes are the same that are already out there. If you’re not a person that likes to finish their own stitching, I’m sure you can find a willing person out there to do it beautifully for you for a fee.

Each new theme will remain a mystery until the date of it’s release, but I think you’re going to love them all!

Stitch Count Varies: Approximately 30 x 30 or smaller for each fob

Models stitched with one thread over two
on Weeks Dye Works’ 36ct. Parchment

Using threads from Weeks Dye Works:
Bluecoat Red, Clockwork, Collards, Fawn, Grits, Havana, Lichen, Mascara, Mocha, Oscar, Red Rocks, Seagull

Conversion to DMC included with the chart.

Additional Materials Suggested:
US Silver Dollar, Acid Free Card Stock, Acid Free Gluestick,
Felted Wool, Large Lobster Clasp

Trims from Lady Dot Creates:
Mini RickRack: Bird Nest, Vanilla
RickRack: Mossy, Sizzle
Mini Pom: Mossy, Mother Lode, Snow
Ribbon: Vintage
Chenille: Mossy

Hug Snug seam binding: Dark Olive Green, Black



This design is now available in my etsy shop, and will soon be in the hands of my distributors and the shops on my auto ship list. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

4 comments:

Terri Patillo said...

They are adorable!

Robin in Virginia said...

Another winning set, Beth! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us!

Patti said...

Love! <3<3<3
Blessings, Patti

Marie said...

Super cute. I love a quick stitch.