Tuesday, December 25, 2018

*FREE CHART* Christmas Promise

This is my Christmas gift to you, my dear friends and constant encouragers.

Follow this link to a downloadable PDF file.

I didn’t have time to stitch up a model of this little design so that you could see an actual photo of the completed project, but this doesn’t mean there is any less meaning behind my Christmas gift to you.

I created it with a glad heart, inspired by my favorite author, Charles Dickens, the quote from A Christmas Carol, when, at the end of his story, Scrooge declares, “I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!”

A sentiment that is still relevant today, 175 years after it was first published.

The colors listed with the chart are suggestions only. I didn’t even pull them from my collection to make sure they went together well. I based them off of names and color swatches in my design software. Please use your favorite Christmas Red, Green, Gold, and Brown to finish your little project. You can finish it as a pillow or ornament, stitched over one or over two, on the finest linen or the most humble cloth… My only requirement for this design is that as you stitch it you do it with the same spirit as the changed Scrooge in Dickens’ tale, and the intention to do as he did, keeping Christmas in your heart all the year through.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have regarding this design, and also feel free to send me a picture of your finish, as well as any story you may want to share about how Christmas has changed your life. My email address is: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

Shop owners, feel free to print up as many copies of this design as you want, and distribute freely to your customers. Stitchers, please do the same, sharing this design with as many of your stitching friends as are interested. It is my free gift to you.

I am so thankful for the blessing of being able to create cross stitch designs that are met with welcoming arms. I could have never imagined ten years ago that I would still be skipping down this happy path; you have made it possible for me to have a dream for an occupation. As I created this design, it was with a full heart, because of YOU.

Happy Stitching! ♥ Beth

10 comments:

gracie said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Thank you for sharing your designs.

Robin in Virginia said...

Thank you for this design and sharing your talents with us. Wishing you and yours a joy-filled day, Beth. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful pattern!! Merry Christmas!

Justme1702 said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, and warmest wishes for a Happy New Year!! Thank you for all you do for the stitching community, we are truly blessed to have you!!! <3 <3 <3

Annie with the ducks said...

Merry Christmas! Thank you for the chart!

Prims By The Water said...

Merry Christmas Beth. Thank for the gift of this wonderful stitchery! Janice

LaNelle said...

Merry Christmas Beth....fabulous gift of new design just lovely...Thank you!

carolyn said...

You are a blessing to your followers. Thank you.

Teri said...

Thank you for the lovely gift. I read The Christmas Carol every year. I'll stitch this design with its intent in my heart.

Ann K. said...

Thank you! Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!