Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Burger I Can Get Behind

Now that I see that title in type, it looks silly, but I'm keeping it!

I have never been much of a burger fan. Not a beef fan, really, in any shape or form. But being married to a meat-eater has given me the challenge of finding or creating recipes that make us both happy. So, I am thrilled each time I stumble across some method of cooking that even makes me sit up and take notice.

So, when I concocted this hamburger recipe last night (my inspiration was the overabundance of dill in my garden), and couldn't eat it fast enough, I thought it must be good enough to share. I haven't come up with a clever name yet, so bear with me...


Beth's Favorite Burger

2 pounds lean ground sirloin
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
1/4 cup minced fresh dill
2 heaping Tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
2 eggs
1/2 small onion, grated

Combine all ingredients, then form into patties (I got 5 out of this recipe). In order to ensure that you don't get bulgey burgers, make the center of the patties thinner than the edges. Grill on each side for 5 minutes or so, according to your preference, adding thick slices of cheddar cheese for the last 30 seconds or so. Enjoy!

1 comment:

The Miller Family said...

That sounds so GREAT! I think I might just have to make that tonight :)
Yeah, we can be bloging friends now!