Friday, February 05, 2010

Free Chart for the Super Bowl!

I came across a quote today that made me giggle, and I couldn't help turning it into a little sampler for all of you football widows to stitch on Sunday.

It reads:
"One of the great disappointments of a football game is that the cheerleaders never seem to get injured." ~Author Unknown

Now, before you go and get upset at me for being hostile toward cheerleaders, know that I was one in my younger life, so I have earned the right.

Here is a color version so that you can see how I visualized it (charted for WDW Brick, Bark, Pecan, Bullfrog, and Guacamole.

And since I know that some of you may view the Super Bowl with actual enthusiasm, and may be serious about the sport, I also created this:

Charted for WDW Linen, Pecan, Deep Sea, and Kohl.

Whether you watch just the commercials and halftime show, cheer the teams on with passion, or ditch the guys and go shopping, I hope that at least a few of you decide to stitch one of these fun little designs up.

As always, feel free to use whatever colors you desire, and use them in whatever way you wish... only remember to give credit to me if you post them anywhere online, or offer your finished goods up for sale.

Thanks, and everyone be safe this weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting charts. Not being a sports fan I never thought about stitching about it but am sure others will enjoy them. You are very clever. ;)

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Oh so funny! I was a cheerleader too and love it!!!

La Donna Welter said...

I am sitting here laughing! Love it! You also made me laugh when you stopped by my blog to tell me the new Paper Cuts book magically jumped into your cart! Too funny! : )

Natasha said...

Absolutly the best chart by far LOL You need a disclaimer on this one "No harm was done to cheerleaders in the making of this chart" Take Care :0)

Heidi said...

Hi Beth! Just found your blog and charts through Teri's blog. I love your charts and just ordered three of them while I swore I would never use Etsy. Too each to fall off my stash diet...oops! I cannot wait to add the two samplers to my sampler wall when I stitch them. Wonderful!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi