Friday, March 12, 2010

New Pattern Release... Great Grandma Pearl's Birth Sampler

This sampler is the first in a series of four, which have been designed to honor my Great-Grandmothers. To read more about the life of Pearl, scroll down and read yesterday's post.

I included some snapshots from her life in the cover photo, and the little doll quilt that serves as backdrop is one that Pearl made and gave to my Mama when she was young. The young woman sitting on the barrel in front of Pearl in the lower photograph is my Grandma at about 15 years old.

Included with the pattern is a complete upper and lower case alphabet so that you can customize this sampler to honor the life or death of someone you love.

There is also an instruction sheet telling you my method of inserting a photograph into the finished sampler.

Stitch Count: 226 x 134

Model stitched over-one on
Zweigart 28ct. Cream linen
which was then stained upon completion.

Using DMC flosses:
167, 221, 223, 225, 842, 926, 3100, 3790, ecru

The lovely frame is an antique.

You may purchase the pattern through my etsy shop, but if you aren't an etsy user, you can contact me directly via email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

You can also wait and buy from your local needlework shop. My distributors will receive their shipment early next week. If your LNS doesn't carry my designs, ask! I am still so new to the market that there are many out there who don't know about my work, and I am counting on you to help spread the word.

10 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow, that is gorgeous, Beth! What a great and creative way to honor someone. I'm going to have to pick that pattern up.

Nancy said...

I am so excited about this new series Beth, and the first sampler is just beautiful! It is so special that you have the quilt and photos too. I'm looking forward to seeing the other three samplers. They will be just as lovely as the first, I'm sure.

Catherine said...

Lovely!

Margaret said...

OMG! I love it!!!!

Светлана said...

Very beautiful sampler!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

FANTASTIC! I love it, Beth and can't wait to see the others.

Karan said...

What a wonderful commemorative piece. Looking forward to seeing the others. :0)

Marie said...

Good job, Beth!!
And I love your new header for ypur blog.

connie said...

I LOVE it!!!

Dora said...

This is so beautiful and a perfect way to honor or remember someone special in our lives. I love your idea of including a photo in the center. Very well done!