Monday, February 04, 2013

Favorite

I am proud to announce that as of Friday, I have now packed away the remaining bits of Christmas.

Well... with the exception of the little fake tree on the upstairs landing covered in kids' ornaments. Perhaps later this week for that task...

Part of the joy of getting the decor all put away was the subsequent cleaning and organizing that led me to the stash of Christmas gifts that I had ignored during the weeks of my sickness. And there, at the top of the stack, my very favorite.
A secret organized by his school teacher, which came home wrapped, with a handmade card, and rested under the tree for agonizing weeks.
"Merry Christmas! Mama" it screamed at me from the front.

And inside, "happy holoDay's! MAma! I have a Present for you. close the carD anD open the present it's a nice present."
And indeed, it is. You should have seen his face when I told him that it was going to live on the mantle once I got the Christmas garland put away. He was so happy and proud to know that I was willing to put it up with some of my favorite things.
And truly, it is the one thing up there now that I would try to save if the house went up in flames. Such a priceless little treasure, crafted with love by my Boy's hands, and painted blue because he knows that's the color I love best.
What was your very favorite Christmas gift this year?

8 comments:

Patti said...

Oh how special! I love your favorite gift! My favorite was a pen and ink that my college age son did of our sweet Orion. He is not fond of drawing in pen and ink as it is so time consuming, but he knows that those are my favorite drawings that he does :) It is now framed and in my office so that I can show it off to all who enter :)
Blessings, Patti
p.s. I am so close to having some Heartstring Samplery finishes to share soon :)

Jessica said...

That is soooo sweet! I remember doing something similar in elementary school and can still recall the excitement I got from my moms reaction.
As for Christmas presents I got the best of all presents this year, but you already knew that ;)

Mindy said...

I think you are the best Mom ever! Can't tell you how much I love lurking on your blog...you touch my heart.

Denise said...

Thank you for sharing! Thanks for many reasons, but I have to say I also love the craft project itself! Would you be okay if I "pinned" onto my Daisy Girl Scout board? Jack did a marvelous job and the card is fabulous too. I, too, put away the last of the Christmas things today, and now we are bedecked in cheery hearts. All's well. :)

Pam in IL said...

Such a sweet card and handmade gift! My favorite gift was time spent with my family.

Merilde said...

What a sweet gift! I have similar gifts all around my house made with love by my son. He's now 25, and while he doesn't often make gifts now, he is still so very thoughtful in his gift-giving. I love your blog!

Anne said...

Such a sweet gift, right from your son's hands and heart to you! :)

MoonBeam said...

All so very sweet...