Wednesday, February 27, 2013

*NEW* Sampler for Baby

I’m not sure why, with two of my own children and eleven nieces and nephews, I hadn’t yet designed a Baby Sampler. But this last Summer, when my newest niece was born several weeks early, spending the first month of her life in the NICU, I poured all my nervous energy into designing this sampler. She is healthy and growing well now, nearing her first birthday, and hopefully will enjoy having this momento added to the décor in her nursery.

I wanted a Baby Sampler that wasn’t too gender specific, and certainly wanted to stay away from the pastel colors they are usually made up of. This sampler is meant to be traditional in nature, yet with just enough whimsy to make it suited for a child’s room.

I’ve included a full alpha-numeric set with some extra space on the graph for you to be able to customize it for the baby of your choosing. I do hope you enjoy this design.

Stitch Count: 197 x 133
Model stitched on Picture This Plus 40ct. Sand

Using flosses from The Gentle Art:
7019 Pomegranate, 7061 Caramel Corn, 7080 Endive, 7092 Otter Creek
And from Weeks Dye Works:
1230 Havana, 2202 Bullfrog, 2219 Whiskey, 2241 Chrysanthemum

Frame was thrifted then re-sized to fit.

This design is now available in my etsy shop, and will be going out to my distributors and the shops on my automatic shipments list soon. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

12 comments:

Marie said...

Sweet! I'm sure Clara and her Mama will love it! Her Grandma does!

Marlene said...

It's lovely.
I love the verse.
It could be given to anyone.

taylors*farmhouse*attic said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Pam in IL said...

So lovely!

joann boswell said...

Aw! It will be perfect in her room. Thank you again, Bethy!

Peggy Lee said...

I love your designs and this one is no exception.
Thank you!

Cathy B said...

I like it. It's beautiful!

Barb said...

Very pretty! I will be showing this design to my DIL. My first Grand daughter is coming in June and I don't like the "baby"(bears, diaper, rattles,etc.) samplers. I love your design.

Thoeria said...

A beautiful sampler....lovely lovely words

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Fantastic baby sampler! Love it!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I have to agree with Barb - time for something new and this fits the bill. Perfect!

pj said...

Love the baby sampler...great idea to not use pastel colors. I finished Baby Its Cold Outside and love it along with drinking from my cute coffee mug to match!!!

Keep up the creative works, Beth.
pam in iowa