Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Backside

Well, this is it! I have put in my final stitches! I've been working on this baby for so long, its a little hard to believe that I'm finally done. After-project shock, big time.

I'm not quite ready to show the final photo yet, but I thought you might like to see the unpressed, unframed backside of His Eye is on the Sparrow. And my toes, for size perspective!
This lovely lady is my 100th distributed design, set to be released by Norden Crafts on August 16th in St. Charles, and will simultaneously be available in my etsy shop for those of you who want to purchase directly from me. Put in your requests to your needlework shop owners now, and tell them to hurry over to Norden if they want to get their hands on some patterns early on. They will only have 100 copies there, so everyone else will have to wait for snail mail and secondary orders.

Whew! But the life of a needlework designer is never boring... I've already started stitching on a Christmas design for release in September.

25 comments:

Margaret said...

I can tell this will be a must have for me!!

Krista said...

oooooh, and a must for me too!! Can't wait to see the front!

Kathy Barrick said...

The BACK is gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see the front!! You are truly amazing!!!

xoxoxox

Simple Pleasure said...

Beth
I am in awe...this is an amazing accomplishment. I think this is the first time I have seen an needlewoman display the BACK of her work...sooo neat, too! My grandmother taught me about the needle arts and INSISTED that the back be as meticulous as the front.
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

Thoeria said...

The back is so neat! WOW! It's really a HUGE project!Can't wait to see it in it's full glory :)

Hazel said...

Oh my goodness me! This is stunning Beth and it's only the backside!! Love love love. Xx

Unknown said...

Beth - I can't wait to see the front!!

Cath said...

Wow , the back looks mightily impressive , so the from must be amazing . Well done you .x

Karen said...

Unbelievably beautiful with everything a needlewoman could want in a sampler! You have done a marvelous symmetrical design that I will love stitching.Karen in NC

Frances said...

That is gorgeous and HUGE! And your back is so NEAT! I'm really impressed! can't wait to see it "on the flip side!"

Judy said...

Wow, what a beautiful piece--even the backside is beautiful! Looking forward to the reveal!

Judy Heartland stitcher

linda said...

What a true labor of love Beth! It is stunning. Love the tree on the bottom and all the little animals. Well done!!

Carol said...

WOW! I believe I'm in love. I will be ordering this sampler as soon as you have it in your Etsy shop. Love, love, love!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Oh my goodness! Gorgeous from the back, can't wait to see the front! Absolutely fabulous, Beth!

Angie said...

Looks like Noah's Ark. Love all the animals and the border, and everything else :) Congrats on finishing within your set time line!!!

Marlene said...

Wow...it's amazing! This is definitely a must have. The motifs alone are worth it.

cucki said...

Wow it's so beautiful xx

krayolakris said...

Love it! Congrats!

SewAmy said...

oh wow! The back it gorgeous so I know the front is amazing!

Melissa said...

Fantastic! Congratulations, Beth, on a grand & gorgeous design!

Kevin said...

AH-MAZ-ING!! This is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on your superlative design, and on your centenary release!

Donna G. said...

Beth,

I can't wait to see the front of this. The back side is gorgeous!

Juels said...

Impressive, t say the least!

Denise said...

Amazing, can't wait for the release.

Ronnie said...

Can't wait for this pattern to be available, it is lovely. Great job!