Monday, August 11, 2014

Late July

I know these are rather late, but my month of July went by in such a flash of memories that it was all I could do to just hold on as tightly as possible. I don't want to think about the imminent end of our Summer break. These days at home with my kids are absolute perfection to me. We don't go out much, or do many exciting things. Its just the pace of life without interruption from outside demands that I adore. Time to slow down and enjoy each other in this life we share.

A few days after our camping trip, I was struck with a harsh case of food poisoning that knocked me out for a few days. The pace of my recovery was so much slower than it should have been, and then I realized that the symptoms I was feeling were all-too familiar. My body is apparently still compromised, and I am once again feeling the effects of the adrenal fatigue that I've battled for nearly two years now. It has been seven months of full strength leading up to this relapse, and the symptoms aren't nearly as debilitating as they have been before, so I'm thankful. I'm reminded once again that I'm not invincible, and am slowing the pace down as much as I can, taking my reserved supplements to help boost me back to normal again. I can't even begin to tell you what a comfort is is to know now what is wrong with me, and what steps I can take to get my system balanced. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but if I had to choose this over all of the other maladies and diseases I could contract, I'll take what I know, thank you very much.

Here's to a few more weeks of sleepy Summer days with a legitimate excuse to take it slow...
Windflower (Anemone) :: First Tomatoes :: Rain on the Sunroof :: Honey Bee on Gooseneck :: Playing Games :: Mountain Ash :: Popcorn :: Waiting for Patterns :: Wildflowers :: Buttermilk Zucchini and Blueberry Pancakes :: Make a Wish :: Through the Screen :: Black Eyed Susan :: At Day's End :: Still in Velvet :: Blueberries :: Sunset Reflection :: Bean Vines

6 comments:

gracie said...

Once again you have shared such beautiful pictures. Thank you....

Melissa said...

Beautiful photos!

Jennifer M said...

Wonderful post

Wendy S. said...

Beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing! Hope you feel better soon!

Thoeria said...

No matter how strong we like to believe we are, our body's have a way of reminding us that we do need to take things slowly too :) Hope you feel stronger soon.
Thanks for sharing your gorgeous summer pics. I am patiently waiting for summer to come to our chilly southern climes :)

Pam in IL said...

Awesome photos! Enjoy your last bit of summer break and I hope you get to feeling better quickly.