Monday, November 17, 2014

*NEW* Deeds of Kindness

I spotted the saying stitched onto this design on an antique sampler. I researched the words and found that they come from a poem by Julia A. Carney (1823-1908), titled “Little Things” which was published in 1845.

Little drops of water,
Little grains of sand,
Make the mighty ocean
And the pleasant land.

Little deeds of kindness,
Little words of love,
Make our earth an Eden,
Like the heaven above.

I challenge you to stitch this little sampler up and hang it somewhere prominent so that it will be a daily reminder to spread kindness and love to those you come in contact with each day. You never know what they might be going through and how much your smile could impact their life.

Stitch Count: 157 x 102
Model stitched with one thread over two on Picture This Plus 28ct. Doubloon

Using The Gentle Art floss: 0460 Grecian Gold, 1111 Acorn, 7034 Gingersnap, 7041 Apple Cider

And Weeks Dye Works’ 2201 Moss

The lovely frame is an antique.

This design is now available in my etsy shop, and will be going out to my distributors and the shops on my automatic shipments list soon. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

3 comments:

gracie said...

How lovely

Hazel said...

Beautiful Beth! x

Sherry said...

another must do