Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Reveal

Well, ready or not, you now get to see the new styled hair.

These photos were taken at the end of the day, after a few hours in the car, one visit to an outlet mall, countless "don't touch your hair, Beth!" moments when I reached up to touch the new alien-feeling hair-do, several tightly squeezed hugs and kisses from my two kids who missed me all day, a pancakes-for-dinner cooking session, and full kitchen clean-up.

It still feels strange and fluffy and way more curly than I remember my hair being, since it has been weighed down by length for so long. I feel a little like a big-haired blast to the 80's girl, and probably will for several days at least, until I get used to the fullness again. The jury is still out on whether I love it or not, until I get a chance to wash and style it for myself, but at least for now, it seems to be exactly what I asked for.

20 comments:

Kelly said...

Your hair looks great! I don't think it looks too poofy. Hope you like it when you do it yourself.

Missy said...

I love IT!!! Sexy Mama!!! Have fun with it!!

hugs
-missy-

Aunt Polly's Attic said...

I LOVE your hair, Beth! How I wish I had those curls!!!!

Teresa

Teresa S. said...

It looks great! Hope you like it after you style it. :)

joann boswell said...

Woo hoo!!

Christine said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! Not too poofy at all! It's awesome!

Catherine said...

You look fantastic!! I used to pay for those kind of curls back in the 80's!

DaisyGirl said...

I like it Beth! That's how I'd love for my hair to be! I have very thin fine straight hair :(

Dora said...

I love your new haircut!! It's not puffy at all and not too curly~just the right amount of soft waves. Isn't it nice that you can say it's what you wanted.
I think the length is just perfect, too.

heather said...

Beautiful! Your hair looks great!

angel parker said...

I love it! I wish my hair looked like that.

Jeanne said...

Very nice !!! Love it !!!

Melissa said...

Love your new do Beth! Looks fab!

maggiesfarm said...

Very sassy! Looks great! :)

Merrie

Marie said...

I like it!!

connie said...

your hair looks real cute.I like it..

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Love your hair! I think it's just fine...not too poofy.

Jennifer
Feathers in the Nest

HomeSpunPrims said...

A darling "do" Beth! I don't think it looks too poofy either. Are you getting used to it?

Kathy Barrick said...

It's gorgeous!!

VickieV said...

I think it looks just great!