Monday, October 09, 2017

*NEW* Winter Snow Stocking

For years now, I’ve been seeing such darling cross-stitched stocking ornaments being offered by others in the industry. I never intended to jump on the bandwagon and create my own, but had enough requests and a few encouraging nudges from some shop owners, so I decided to take the plunge. This design was my first stocking, originally released as an exclusive for the Dyeing to Stitch Ladies’ Prim Society. And now it is officially available for everyone!

There’s a newer Christmas carol that I’m madly in love with, written by Audrey Assad. Its called, “Winter Snow” and sings about how God could have come to earth with the strength of a hurricane, but chose instead to come like a winter snow, “quiet and soft and slow”.

This ornament is intended to last through the whole winter, not just the Christmas season. I hope you enjoy it. And if you, like me, have never finished a tiny little stocking, You Can Do It! It really wasn’t as difficult as I imagined, and I think I’m hooked. I am fully on the stocking ornament bandwagon now, so look out world!

Stitch Count: 50 x 100

Model stitched with one thread over two and one thread over one
on R & R Reproductions’ 35ct. Heartstring Blend

Using thread from Weeks Dye Works: Seagull, Pelican Gray

Recommended Additional Materials:
1 fat quarter of co-ordinating cotton fabrics

Fusible interfacing or webbing of your choice

Reserve 3 feet of the Seagull floss
for braiding into the stocking loop

This design is now available in my etsy shop, and will soon be in the hands of my distributors and the shops on my auto ship list. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com


1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Woohoo! I have been waiting patiently (or impatiently) for this to be released to everyone after seeing it out in blogland. Thanks Beth!