Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Oldies Revisited

Did you know that this coming March will be my 10th anniversary as a Cross Stitch Designer? I started out so small, dear reader... selling charts one at a time. No distributors, no shops, just me, my computer, and a few dozen ebay followers.

The past nine years have been a slow and steady climb, and I'm often amazed that I'm still doing this thing that I love. I try to not play the comparison game, but it's a bit hard for me to believe that you all want to buy my designs when there are SO MANY amazing and beautiful and beyond-me creations from other designers that you could be stitching instead.

Some of you have been with me from the very beginning, and to you I have the biggest, most heartfelt amount of thankfulness; you have supported me and encouraged me and really and truly are the reason I began designing in the first place.

In light of the pending 10th anniversary, I've started highlighting some of my older designs for those of you that have learned of my existence at some point along the way.

As promised before, I'm continuing my journey down memory lane, hearkening back to the samplers that I first came up with in the early days of my designing career.

Tidings of Comfort and Joy (5 Little Christmas Samplers) was both my first booklet collection AND my first Christmas release. I was so proud of this grouping! And of my fancy photo editing to get them all on the cover photo! The charts in this collection are small and quick to stitch up, if you're looking for a few last-minute creations for this holiday season. If not, rest assured that this title will still be available next year, and the year after, and the year after, for as long as I'm still breathing and able to make runs to the post office for you.

For those of you that don't have a needlework shop nearby, I promise you that every single one of my designs will always be available for sale in my etsy shop, including this chart.

Although many of my older designs have been discontinued by one or more of my distributors, there's a good chance they will still be available through one of them, so put in your request with your local needlework shop owner to get it ordered for you. You can currently get my designs through the distributors listed in the side bar to the right of this post. Your local shop owner can also come directly to me to order any of my designs; I gladly sell wholesale directly to established shops.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Beth, I am glad you are revisiting your oldies through your blog posts. I wish you many more years of successful designing.

sandi s said...

You are a wonderful designer! I love your patterns. Hugs,