Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Connoisseur of Dirt

We have been experiencing that most lovely weather found here in the Northwest in late springtime. My Boy and I were outside today grubbing around in the flower beds, a favorite pasttime in our family; me with my red rubber-gripped aluminum spade, and He with his new caterpillar-gripped bright yellow plastic spade. He was a few feet away from me "weeding" in a bare patch of dirt, while I tackled the more serious dandelions, oxeye daisies and clover. I wasn't paying very close attention, but was just enjoying the cathartic feeling of spring gardening while listening to the wind chimes and swallows. I suddenly realized that I had heard a few "Um!"s and "Yum!"s from His direction. When I looked over to see what he was up to, this is what I saw:


He has recently been much more interested in attempting to eat from a spoon, instead of having Mommy or Daddy do it for him. I guess he thought he would fit some practice time in with his big spade "spoon"!

Here are two more gems from the day:

1 comment:

Dena said...

funny! the last one is a gem.