Monday, March 18, 2013

*NEW* East or West

"One's home is like a delicious piece of pie you order in a restaurant on a country road one cozy evening - the best piece of pie you have ever eaten in your life - and can never find again. After you leave home, you may find yourself feeling homesick, even if you have a new home that has nicer wallpaper and a more efficient dishwasher than the home in which you grew up.” ~Lemony Snicket

This little design was inspired by a couple of folky old hooked rugs, my childhood home next to a family dairy farm, and the forest that surrounds my now-home. It was fun from the first mark in my computer software to the last stitch crossed over linen. I have an inkling of a thought that it may one day also turn up as a hooked, punched, or appliqued design, but for now, let the cross-stitchers have at it!

Stitch Count: 154 x 76
Model stitched on Weeks Dye Works 30ct. Confederate Gray

Using flosses from The Gentle Art: 0410 Tarnished Gold, 0930 Deep Sea, 7007 Cidermill Brown, 7044 Dungarees, 7055 Uniform Blue, 7057 Roasted Marshmallow

And from Weeks Dye Works: 2200 Kudzu, 2202 Bullfrog, 2254 Cinnabar

Frame by Valley House Primitives.

This design is now available in my etsy shop, and will be going out to my distributors and the shops on my automatic shipments list soon. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

3 comments:

P.J. said...

Love all the personal memories connected with your design! What a wonderful design. Thank you for sharing you gift of design. I will be adding this one to my shopping list.

Lisa said...

Great design :-)

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

Another must have! Love the colour of the house and the saying, so sweet and so true!