Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Crossed

Not only are all these old threads crossed, it feels like my eyes are too. I thought this sampler would be a simple one to chart, but didn't take into consideration those pale flowers.
Pale, faded flowers, yet they contain more colors than one. And at some point in time, the linen was glued to its backing, so there is no peeking at the back to try to decipher original color shades. I am completely at the mercy of daylight and a magnifying glass.
So I'm working at getting the most challenging parts out of the way so that I can get on to the fun, easy, colorful parts.
This last photo is sized to fit your desktop wallpaper if you'd like it. Simply left click to enlarge, then right click to save to your computer. For personal use only please, although I don't mind you pinning it if you so choose.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

I am so excited to see how it looks once finished.

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Recreating a beautiful sampler does not come easy, but think of the satisfaction that will come once it's achieved. Wishing you all the patience needed for this task and I hope the fun parts are close at hand.

Casa Pearl said...

But it will be so worth all the crossed eyes in the end!! I can't wait to see the completed design.

Unknown said...

oh how I love to cross stitch, but since I now wear bifocals, I just can't do it (I am 57 and it is just too hard).....I miss it. Nothing like a sampler.....sigh........