Friday, April 05, 2013

Some Days

Most days anymore, I find myself looking at my computer, thinking about this blog, and coming up with nothing to say. The ideas used to flow out of me like water, posting every day was a breeze. While in most ways, I'm improved greatly in my health over what I felt a few moths ago, it seems the inspiration and free-flow of ideas are stopped right up.

Bloggers block, I guess.
So I sit here, this morning, with photos of my lovely spring flowers to show you, and nothing really to say. I've heard that the best way to overcome writers' block is to just start writing and see what comes out. Perhaps the same applies in my situation.
So, I sit down, and I just start to type whatever comes to my brain.
How are you all? What are your days full of? I hope lots of joy and peace and inspiration... I find my days full of laundry and vitamins and thinking about food.

Its pretty hard to not think about food when you have to change so many components of what you usually eat. We're at the end of week 6 with no dairy, eggs or gluten for the First Grader. We've settled into a bit of a rhythm, but there are many moments of missing foods that are now impossible to concoct. Two more weeks and we can start experimenting with bringing those foods back. We're all praying that he'll be able to tolerate small quantities of the now forbidden foods.
As for me, while I'm much, much better, there are still plenty of days when I'm just not myself. Still trying to get the whole progesterone deficiency taken care of. Perhaps that's where the lack of inspiration lies. I feel tired a lot, and boy-howdy, when my monthly cycle starts, good grief! The emotional swings are a bit hard to take for someone who's always been the picture of even-keel.
All these Spring flowers are helping to brighten up my horizon, along with the newly crossed-off-my-bucket-list dream I've achieved.

Want to know what it is?
I'm now officially a bass-guitar player.

Yep! After nearly 20 years of on-again, off-again, fiddling with an acoustic guitar, and faint voice in my brain wishing to learn bass, I've finally been given the opportunity. A borrowed bass and amp have been in my studio for months, but it wasn't until I was given a song list and deadline that I finally stepped up and gave it a real try. Easter Sunday was my debut at church, playing with the worship team. I usually just sing, but this time it was vocals and bass at the same time, and it was so very fun!
If I could sum this post up with one wish for you, it would be that you would also find the gumption to cross something off of your bucket list. Let go of whatever is getting in your way, and just do it! And when you do, be sure to let me in on the story.
And that's all I've got for you today.

5 comments:

marly said...

Glad you are continuing to regain your strength. The older I get, I realize how very far away I am from what I once was. Constantly changing, and I have yet to make a bucket list. I figure - why bother? I'll change my mind a hundred times. You're way ahead of me and a whole lot younger!

Pam in IL said...

Congrats on being able to cross something off your bucket list! Glad to hear that you're doing better. Boy can I relate to the mood swings with the monthly cycle.

Love all your signs of spring! Beautiful!

Heather said...

Congratulations on taking on a new thing and doing so well at it. I hope the next two weeks pass quickly and he is able to tolerate some of the foods that are on the no list. I understand the mood swings I hope they get those figured out for you and that you continue to feel better.

Spring in Oregon is always lovely.

Anonymous said...

You amaze me! Love your stitchy designs, your photos, your mommy shares...and now you're doing something altogether new. I wish I'd been as frisky at your age...you are living every moment of life. Good for you! Mindy

linda said...

You said a lot! Your pictures are beautiful! I think I saw pussy willows. God's timing not ours and everything you experience has a reason. Keep going forward; a new day a new hope.