Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Lately

Oh my... it has been so very long since I have stopped in to say hi to you all. It has been a whirlwind of activity around here for the past month. Concerts in the park, the first day of school, harvesting of fruits and veggies, stockpiling firewood, sittin' on the back deck enjoying the cool late Summer evenings, and folding hundreds and hundreds of copies of His Eye is on the Sparrow (Wow!).

I've recovered from my adrenal relapse. It took most of the month of August, but I'm finally back to full fettle. My kids started their third week of school yesterday, and we are getting settled into the new routine. I'll be volunteering at the school two full days a week this year, and will reserve the other three days for errands and housework.

Oh, and that little designing job I have going on the side too...

The three days a week I have all by my lonesome feel strange. I haven't had this much me time in almost 9 years. I miss my kids dearly while they are gone, but I can certainly get a lot accomplished when interruptions are minimized.

All of the following photos were taken in the latter half of August. I still haven't even uploaded those from this month. All in good time...



Blueberry Vodka :: Primping Goldfinch :: Concert in the Park :: White Wings :: Twining Beans :: Bee Balm :: Taters :: Looking for Strawberries :: They Come Running Every Time :: Dove :: Fresh :: Morning Mist :: Green Beans :: Cuddly :: Black-Eyed Susans :: Pattern Production :: Float :: Tall :: Cousin Birthday Party :: Spirea :: Pearly Everlasting :: Back to School (First and Third Grades!) :: Blackberries :: A New Toy :: Best Friends Forever

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Beth, I enjoy stopping by your blog to see your photos. Hard to believe your kids are 1st and 3rd graders. Glad to hear that you are back full throttle!

Robin in Virginia

PS And happy belated anniversary wishes to you.

Angie said...

Your kids are darling as always. The kitty looks just like my Taz. Never seen tall sunflowers like yours. And last....how do you like the Vitamix? I've been eyeing one but they are so expensive! Does it really do everything they say it does?

Jennifer M said...

I agree, time flies....glad to see all is well and thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures:)

Unknown said...

Blueberry vodka - brilliant!