Sunday, March 13, 2016

*Now Available* The Bird Collection, Part I


This booklet is the first in a collection which will highlight my favorite Pacific Northwest birds. I will release them in groups of three, and will total at least twelve birds by the time I finish, but I might just keep the collection open and expand beyond my own territory to include yours. Perhaps some of these birds are new to you, or perhaps they also live in your area. Either way, I hope you enjoy taking off on this feathered journey along with me.


All models stitched on Picture This Plus 32ct. Wren with one thread over two.

American Goldfinch: Stitch Count: 59 x 93
Threads: The Gentle Art: Old Red Paint, *Pecan Pie, Brandy, *Ohio Lemon Pie, Grecian Gold, *Shaker White, *Raven, *Piney Woods

Blackheaded Grosbeak: Stitch Count: 69 x 57
Threads: The Gentle Art: Cornhusk, *Barn Grey, *Pecan Pie, *Ohio Lemon Pie, *Endive, Pumpkin Pie, *Shaker White, *Raven, Toffee, *Piney Woods

Mourning Dove: Stitch Count: 97 x 62
Threads: The Gentle Art: Cornhusk, *Barn Grey, *Endive, Weathered Barn, Harvest Basket, Brethren Blue, Woodrose, Parchment, *Pecan Pie, *Piney Woods


*Flosses with an asterisk are used in more than one of the designs, but you will only need one skein total for entire booklet.

DMC conversion provided inside chart cover.

The frames were thrifted and then refinished by me. Tutorial available on request.

This design is now available in my etsy shop, and is already in the hands of my distributors and the shops that attended Nashville Market last weekend. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

2 comments:

CathieJ said...

Oooh, I love those birds.

Unknown said...

Beth, I absolutely love everything about The Bird Collection. I am looking forward to stitching these beautiful designs. I think your frames complement the stitchery perfectly. An added bonus is that they are "thrifted". I would be very interested in the tutorial you mentioned. Have a joyful day!