Monday, October 17, 2016

*NEW* In Everything

Several years ago, I released a free chart to my blog readers called, “Give Thanks”. I always liked that little design and the sewing pouch that I made from it, but something kept nagging at me whenever I looked at it. As I sat and reflected one afternoon, I realized that what that old free chart needed was a companion piece that finished the saying, “In Everything”. It could easily go either way, “In Everything, Give Thanks” or “Give Thanks In Everything”.

Instead of releasing the “In Everything” pincushion all alone, I decided to officially print and include “Give Thanks” with every purchase. You will still be able to go to my blog and download the free chart, but it will also be added in with every copy of this pin cushion, along with some basic instructions for how to make the little sewing pouch.

The two charts could also be combined into one to make a long saying, could be turned into a two-sided pin cushion, or both as individual pin cushions, or framed, or… so many variations. Use your imagination! And as you stitch, join me in pondering what it means to be truly thankful IN EVERYTHING.

In Everything:
Model stitched with one thread over two
on R&R Reproductions’ 35ct. Heartstring Blend
Stitch Count: 104 x 49

Give Thanks:
Model stitched with one thread over two
on Weeks Dye Works’ 35ct. “Linen”
which was walnut stained before stitching.
Stitch Count: 94 x 48

Both models were stitched using threads from
The Gentle Art: Mulberry, Piney Woods
Weeks Dye Works: Pecan, Chestnut, Whiskey, Autumn Leaves

Conversion to DMC included with the chart.

Materials needed to finish pin cushion and sewing pouch:
“Toast” Chenille trim from Lady Dot Creates.
Narrow strip of felted wool or rick rack.
A button, needle and thread.
Assorted small pieces of quilting cotton in coordinating prints.
Crushed walnut shells or other filler of choice.

This design is now available in my etsy shop, through the shops that are on my auto ship list, and will soon be in the hands of my distributors. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love it -- the design and the colors!