Monday, January 30, 2017

*NEW* Be Kind Always

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you can't see. Be kind. Always." is a quote widely used in many different arrangements. Thought to be originally from Ian Maclaren, a Scottish author and theologian that lived in the late 1800's.

This sampler is my way of reminding myself to be aware that there are almost always deeper motivations that cause people to behave the way they do. I need to stop taking their actions at face value and offer them grace and forgiveness instead. Even if they never know that I did it, in a small way, each positive reaction can make the world a better place.

Stitch Count: 171 x 171

Model stitched with one thread over two on
Picture This Plus 32 ct. Gingerbread.

Classic Colorworks: Honeycomb

The Gentle Art: Brandy, Adobe, Brethren Blue, Old Red Paint,
Parchment, Apple Cider, Picnic Basket, Endive, Piney Woods

Conversion to DMC included with the pattern.

The frame was found at a thrift store and refinished by me.

This design is now available in my etsy shop, and will soon be in the hands of my distributors and the shops on my auto ship list. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Merrie

CathieJ said...

This is a beautiful sampler with a wonderful sentiment.

Patti said...

I love this! Beautiful! Something that we all need to consider right now...
Blessings, Patti

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful and thought provoking sentiment in your sampler, Beth.

Paula said...

I LOVE it Beth!! I tell my girls this ALL the time. Plus my daughter has Type 1 and invisible illness.

MoonBeam said...

Sweet Sampler with a wonderful message. Nice.

Bobbi

Will a stitch said...

I love this sampler! Definitely a must have.

Patty C. said...

You are so very talented!

Debby said...

I love the saying and the sampler you created!

Marie said...

Beautiful -- the statement as well as the work. I'm proud to call you mine!!