Saturday, November 04, 2017

Books for Sale!

I'm trying my very hardest to downsize some of my collections so that I can move my office to a corner of my bedroom so that my kids can have their own rooms. They still share, and it's getting to a point that, although they could continue on, I'd rather they each had their own space. I love my house, but it is not big and this causes problems for those of us *ahem* that have a hard time getting rid of things that might be useful someday. Like craft books.

These are all wonderful books that I've thumbed through many, many times, seeking inspiration or entertainment or enlightenment. But I have lots more of these very types. I went through each section of the crafty books that I love and forced myself to offer some to you. I'm pretty proud of the stack that I'm willing to let go of. And happy with those that I decided to keep. But I'm immediately posting the ones for sale so that I can't change my mind!
I've priced them all based on the current used market on Amazon and Thriftbooks. So you can certainly go get them from someone else. Or, you can help my sweet daughter get her very own room so she doesn't have to share with a stinky boy anymore.

I'm only going to have these available to you for a week. After that time, I'll probably donate them to my local library's used book section.

Please contact me via email (beth@heartstringsamplery.com) with the titles of the books you want and include your address. I will then calculate media mail rate to your zip code and work up an invoice on PayPal.

In order to save time, I'm not going to post pictures of each book. I will instead embed a link in the title to the same book online, so you can go see what it looks like/contains.

First up, some magazines and an old pattern, all in very good/like new condition. They have been shelved flat, so they still look very nice, and contain so much goodness inside...

$5 each:

Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly Volume 52
Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly Volume 53
Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly #58
Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly #59
Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly #63
Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly #78


The rest are all books, and will be priced individually.

Samplers: How to Compare & Value - $7
Hardcover. Dust cover has a bad tear. Pages are in pristine condition.

Small Endearments - $6
Hardcover. Excellent used condition.

Hooked Rugs - $5
Hardcover. Dust jacket has a tear. Pages are excellent.

The Rug Hook Book - $6
Paperback. Very Good.



I'm going to move all of the books that have been sold down to the bottom of this post. Just so I can still have the info for myself, but to keep all of the currently available together at the top. Thank you all so much for your amazing response to this sale!

SOLD/NO LONGER AVAILABLE (Thank you!):
Country Home Let's Go Antiquing 2013

The Matilda Driver Sampler - Circa 1836 by The Heart's Content, Inc. 

Treasures of American Folk Art - $6
Hardcover. Dust cover has a bad tear. Pages are in pristine condition.

The Flowering of American Folk Art - $6
Hardcover. Former library book. Missing dust cover.

America's Printed Fabrics 1770-1890 - $7
Paperback. Like new.

Ohio Is My Dwelling Place - $15
Paperback. Like new.

Samplers in the Collections of the Manx Museum - $15
Paperback.  Excellent condition.

With These Hands They Built a Nation - $7
Hardcover. Former library book. Could not find a listing that includes a picture of the fabulous circa 1971 dust cover on my copy. We'll let it be a surprise for whomever adopts this treasure.

Reinvention: Sewing with Rescued Materials - $10
Hardcover with spiral pages. Like new.

Junk Style - $10
Hardcover. Inscription on inside cover; otherwise like new.

Recycled Home - $6
Hardcover. Tear in dust jacket. Otherwise excellent.

Plain & Fancy - $8
Hardcover. Dust jacket has a tear. Pages are excellent.

Paper Cuts: 35 Inventive Projects - $10
Paperback. Like new.

American Country Folk Crafts - $5
Hardcover. Very Good.

The American Quilt - $20
Hardcover. Dust cover shows wear, but has no tears. Pages are beautiful.

2 comments:

Lianne said...

Hi Beth! I would love to give four of your books a home. I will send a follow-up email, but I am interested in:

The Flowering of American Folk Art
Ohio is my Dwelling Place
With These Hands They Built a Nation
Plain and Fancy

Thanks!
Lianne

Unknown said...

Is there a source of what is included in the S&NWQ issues?