Wednesday, November 22, 2017

*NEW* Fairy Coffee Mother:the Magical Elixir Series Part III

What coffee lover wouldn't dream of having his/her very own coffee fairy to bring steaming mugs of magical elixir to their waiting hand every morning (or mid-day, or afternoon, or evening, or twilight, or...)? Complete with her very own tree that provides fresh coffee cherries every day, which she then gathers into a giant basket, small-batch roasts, and hand grinds for every amazing cuppa, this coffee fairy is on the top of my Christmas/Birthday/Everyday wish list. But since she is a figment of my imagination, I'll gladly settle for this little pin cushion. Which could also be framed to hang with the other editions in this collection of mine. Just saying.

There has never been a time that I haven’t loved coffee. Even as a young kid who wasn’t allowed to drink it, I lived for mornings at my Grandma’s house, where that lovely aroma was the first thing I smelled each day. My parents have never been coffee drinkers, so it was a rare and special treat to watch the ritual of sipping and enjoying the dark elixir made from magical beans.

My ability to drink caffeine has been severely altered in the past several years, but that doesn’t stop me. Decaf isn’t quite as tasty, but it really has never been about the energy boost, nor about the addiction to the caffeine. Purely and simply, I am addicted to the ritual that a hot cup of black coffee brings to my day. First thing in the morning is most important, but I find myself turning to it at any time of the day to bring me back to center focus and make my whole being happy.

This lovely beverage (dark and black, please, with nothing added except perhaps ice on a hot day) is going to be the focus of a new series I’ve titled “The Magical Elixir”. I’m not sure yet how many designs, and what the timing of their releases will be, but I already have ideas for three, and like odd numbers, so perhaps five when all told, so they can create a nice grouping in your kitchen or dining room or wherever it is that you enjoy your morning cup of joy.

Stitch Count: 110 x 62
Model stitched with one thread over two on R&R Reproductions’ 40ct. Patriot’s Brew

Stitches used: Counted Cross Stitch, Straight, French Knot

Weeks Dye Works: Grasshopper
The Gentle Art: Maple Syrup, Dark Chocolate, Apple Cider, Caramel Corn, Ruby Slipper
Classic Colorworks: Hazelnut

Conversion to DMC included with the chart.

Additional Materials Recommended:
12” Lady Dot Creates Rick Rack “Bird Nest”
Cotton fabric in co-ordinating colors for backing
Crushed walnut shells, or pin cushion filler of choice

This design is now available in my etsy shop, and will soon be in the hands of my distributors and the shops on my auto ship list. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a super new coffee flavored design, Beth! Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Halland House Gifts said...

The joy is in the details. I loved hearing you drink you coffee just like my Daddy did. 😊