Monday, August 07, 2017

*NEW* Schoolhouse Coverlet Pin Drum: The American Coverlet Series, Part VII



Inspired once again, by the graphic appeal of woven antique coverlets from the beginning of the 1800’s, meet my newest design!

The included chart is perfectly sized to make a pin drum, but you could also frame it or turn it into a two sided pin cushion with just a little flip-flop of the two floral panels.

I added my kids’ initials and the year to my pin drum to commemorate a successful finish to another year of study.
I’ve included a full alphabet/number set so that you can customize it for your own family and/or friends.


Stitch count: 181 x 76.

Stitched with one thread over two
on Picture This Plus 36ct. Wren.

Using thread from Weeks Dye Works: Fathom (3 skeins).

Materials needed to finish Pin Drum:
Two 5x5 pieces of quilting cotton, your choice.
Crushed walnut shells or other filler of choice.

This design is now available in my etsy shop, and will soon be in the hands of my distributors and the shops on my auto ship list. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

5 comments:

gracie said...

Love it.

Robin in Virginia said...

Awesome, Beth! And thank you for including an alphabet and number set with the design.

Shelly said...

Wonderful drum!

Barb said...

I love coverlets. I did not realize you have done those designs. I will be getting this one and how would I find past ones? Just lovely!!! I am lucky enough to own 3 coverlets. In fact we call one of our guest rooms the coverlet room( I use another bed covering when we have guests). These designs would be great in that guest room!

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe summer is almost over, but you found a lovely way to spend it!

ตารางคะแนนพรีเมียร์ลีก