Tuesday, December 11, 2007

ABCs and 123s

Our Boy is obsessed with his letters and numbers. From the time he was 11 months or so, he would pretend to sound out letters on boxes and containers and in books. Around 2 months ago, he correctly started identifying "O", "X", and "Y". He now recognizes all of the letters in the alphabet except for maybe 5 or 6, and he also knows his numbers 1-9. And all of this with very little coaching on our part!

But he really had us amazed and laughing the other morning as he was eating his meal. He had munched his toast down to just a corner of crust, held it up, and proclaimed, "L!" I ran for my camera- now THIS is a blog-worthy photo!

3 comments:

joann boswell said...

How amazing! I can hardly wait to see that little rascal! 9 days is far too distant...

joann boswell said...

Are you coming on Friday or Saturday to good ol' JC? I'll be there Friday evening-ish.

Kimmie said...

Jack is So Darn Cute! What a creative little guy you have there! Loved this little story! I taught Toddler One in Daycare about 5 years ago and they are such little sponges at that age. I am sure he will keep surprising you!

Kimmie in OP