Monday, July 30, 2012

*NEW* Stars & Diamonds

This design started with a fabulous old frame… long and narrow, it demanded quirky motifs and a sentimental saying.

I borrowed the border idea from an old sampler glimpsed at an antique show, and a romantic phrase from a Bob Dylan song.

I know, I know… pairing Boots of Spanish Leather with an antique-style needlework sampler seems an odd choice, but how could I resist the lines,

Oh, but if I had the stars from the darkest night
And the diamonds from the deepest ocean
I'd forsake them all for your sweet kiss
For that's all I'm wishin' to be ownin'.

The entire model is worked with cross stitches, using one thread worked over-two.

Stitch Count: 268 x 94
Model stitched on DMC 28ct. Natural linen which was coffee stained upon completion.

Using flosses from The Gentle Art: 0420 Gold Leaf, 1130 Wood Smoke, 1190 Fisherman’s Wharf, 7004 Brethren Blue, 7045 Mountain Mist, 7046 Weathered Barn, 7061 Caramel Corn, 7080 Endive

The lovely frame is an antique.

This design is now available in my etsy shop, and will be going out to my distributors and the shops on my automatic shipments list soon. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com 

8 comments:

Ine said...

If Bob Dylan had lived in the days of those samplers....the stitchers also would have chosen this lines.
Because they really fit for a sampler.
I hope my LNS here in the Netherlands will get the chart soon ☺

Peggy Lee said...

Another awesome design. You put such thought in to each one, making them even more special!

Angie Burrett said...

Faublous design - totally unique!

Hazel said...

Oooh love it Beth. I am still plugging away on Ann Taylor at the mo. She is sat on my knee right now. x

marly said...

Oh Beth, this is so sweet.

Karen said...

I love this one.... your staging just makes it look wonderful! Now to add this one to the list....

Joy said...

Love this and the photo!

Natalia said...

Beautiful design, Beth. I think this one may be a must for me :-)