Tuesday, October 08, 2013

*NEW* Snow Zone

I fell hard for the little hooked mat shown at the bottom of the photo. It was last Fall, while visiting an antique mall with friends to celebrate my birthday. Perfectly winter-y in the best vintage way, it has been hanging on the wall in my kitchen all year round, despite the changing seasons. I just couldn’t pack it away!

I hope you find it equally appealing. Its uniform loops translated well as a cross-stitch pattern (stitched for me by the lovely Donna Gabbard), but I’ve also thrown in a line drawing for good measure, in case you prefer to do it up as a needle punch or hooked rug, or even wool applique.

It is a small design, and quick to stitch up, perfect for your evenings spent hoping for the first snow of the season to fall.

Stitch Count: 92 x 35
Model stitched on 30ct. linen

Using thread from The Gentle Art: 7082 Piney Woods

Using thread from Weeks Dye Works: 1092 Grits, 1118 Goldenrod, 1171 Dove, 1236 Mocha, 1330 Baked Apple, 2200 Kudzu, 2253 Sanguine, 3910 Mascara

This design is now available in my etsy shop, and will be going out to my distributors and the shops on my automatic shipments list soon. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

And be sure to check out my other new design, How Can I Keep From Singing?, which was released simultaneously.

2 comments:

Pam in IL said...

Beautiful! I can see why you leave the little mat up all year long!

Donna G. said...

Love it! ;o)