Thursday, December 26, 2013

*NEW* My Funny Valentine

To create this design, I studied pictures of antique samplers in my digital collection, looking for borders and bands that would suit. I also copied or adapted some bands from my blackwork band sampler “I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm”, so that the pair could be displayed as a set or alternately fill the same spot in your house. I then added some key phrases from a favorite Valentine song, written by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart in 1937 for the musical Babes in Arms

My funny valentine
Sweet comic valentine
You make me smile with my heart
Your looks are laughable
Unphotographable
Yet you're my favourite work of art

Is your figure less than greek
Is your mouth a little weak
When you open it to speak
Are you smart?

But don't change a hair for me
Not if you care for me
Stay little valentine stay
Each day is valentines day

Stitch Count: 125 x 233
Model stitched on Picture This Plus 36ct. Sand
The Gentle Art floss: 0511 Country Redwood
(3 five yard skeins needed when stitched with one thread over two)

The lovely frame is an antique.

This design is now available in my etsy shop, and will be going out to my distributors and the shops on my automatic shipments list soon. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

5 comments:

Jennifer M said...

Sweet sampler, sweet song lyrics, love the frame- love it!

Tilly said...

Love it!

Donna G. said...

Beautiful! I love it!

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Just wonderful! I do love an all red sampler.

Unknown said...

Beautiful