Thursday, March 20, 2014

100

Its a little hard for me to believe, but I am nearing my 100th distributed design (that number doesn't count free charts or exclusive designs)... and ONE HUNDRED patterns available through my distributors is a pretty big deal to me.
When I first released a batch of six patterns to my ebay customers back in May of 2008, I had not an inkling of what this venture might turn into. I determined in those early days that the best way to establish myself in a market full of talent and saturated with beautiful designs, was to continue to push myself to release at least one pattern per month. And I'm proud to say that even when I thought surely I would run out of ideas six months later, it is now nearly six years, and I'm still going strong. And all because of you and your consistent encouragement and support of my efforts.
As I thought about this up and coming BIG number, I decided to do something equally BIG for that 100th release. So I took a tape measure to a large open wall in my entryway that I've been wanting to fill, and charted a design to fit. A design that takes up 12 pages in order for those tiny symbols to be read.
Its a doozy, my dears. Perhaps not quite as big as the famous Dutch Beauty that so many of you have taken on, but nearly so... it is 435 x 363 stitches, and I'm working my threads into 28 count linen to make it seem as big as possible.
Holding that much linen in my hands feels like a luxury and a burden all at the same time. A project warming my lap while I stitch is a feeling I usually ascribe to crocheting a blanket, not stitching a sampler. And I keep wondering if I'm actually going to be able to finish it in time!
I don't know how many of you will be game for such a large undertaking, but I'm doing it anyway, as a landmark for myself in this needlework design journey. I'll keep you posted as I go.

19 comments:

Krista said...

Congrats on 6 years of designing! I love BAPs and love the little tid bits you have showed so far!

Catherine said...

Can't wait to see more ~ love that border!!

Anonymous said...

hi Beth
You should be proud !! Six years
of designing some wonderful patterns. Thank You
I am so loving that border and the little motifs that are showing
Can't wait
enjoy your evening
Darlene N

Melissa said...

Congratulations, Beth, on nearing your 100th design and 6 years! That's quite an accomplishment. Looking forward to seeing more of this giant beauty! I love the tulip border!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Congratulations! 100 beautiful designs is an amazing accomplishment! I love a pretty, big project and I love what I see on this! Those fun, round flowers are definitely grabbing my attention! Can't wait!

llknbillburg said...

Congrats on reaching such a milestone. I for one am always up for a BAP and the tidbits you've shown are very intriguing! Can't wait to see more!! Laura

Laura said...

This sounds very exciting!! Can't wait for the big reveal! Your designs are so top notch! I love them!

Pam in IL said...

Wow, that's quite a milestone! Congrats! Can't wait to see the 100th design!

Anonymous said...

Glad you shared this milestone with us... 28 ct sounds great for these eyes after my high count projects;-)
and I, too, have a great place for one of your delightful designs.

Mouse said...

well I am drooling over the wee snippets you have shown ... Congratulations on the the milestone .. and here's to another few hundred :) love mouse xxxxx

cucki said...

Congrats dear :)
Huge hugs and blessings x

Peggy Lee said...

Congratulations! I have several of your designs in my stash pile crying out my name whenever I pass by. I have stitched a few as well and I really like your taste and design.
I can't wait to see your lap warmer in progress! I know you will have it all stitched up and ready for display in no time!
Have a great weekend!

Donna G. said...

Can't wait to see the finished design. While I would love to stitch a large piece like that, I don't see it happening. I have enough trouble trying to get the small things done ;o)

Jeanne said...

Can't wait to see it...Love the colors you're working with...the bigger the better, I say. :)

Lisa said...

Congratulations on your 6 years and your 100th design! I love working on your designs! I enjoy reading your blog and looking at your beautiful photos! You have many gifts and we are thankful that you are willing to share them with us! Can't wait to see this newest design!

Hazel said...

Congrats on 6 years and 100 patterns. Here's to 100 more! x

janeks said...

Congratulations on 6 years an to many more! U look forward to the big reveal. I love projects like that and sometimes can get obsessed with one that size keep up the great work!

Louise said...

Congrats on your six years of beautiful designs. I can't wait to see this new one!

MoonBeam said...

Quite an accomplishment...congratulations!

Bobbi