Thursday, March 13, 2014

In Loving Memory

My Grandmother Zella Marie Woolley (Kjosness)
was born in Waynoka, Oklahoma on May 19, 1926,
and slipped quietly out of her earthly costume Sunday, March 9, 2014.

She gets to see those Pearly Gates and all of the wonders beyond.
I will dearly miss her sweet spirit and spunky sense of humor, her warm hugs and unwavering loyalty.

But OH!, she is finally Home.
She is second from the right, with her parents and siblings in order of birth... she was the 9th of 10 children (9 survived past infancy).
With my Grandpa, shortly after they were married:
Mother's Day 1975, with baby Me:
Loaning my "Something Old" to wear on my wedding day:
And most recently with the kids and I:
I can't begin to express what a treasure this woman has been to me and the rest of our large family, not to mention every life she touched beyond. Even in the midst of grieving over loved ones, the physical hardships of Parkinson's Disease and dementia, she remained sweet and gentle and loving toward her family and friends to the very last.

We miss you, Grandma.

We're also so very happy that you are now reaping the rewards of a faithful life.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. You and your children were blessed to have her. She looks sweet and kind. This is a lovely post. Take care. Cindy Huxtable

Anonymous said...

What a special remembrance and how lucky you are to have so many vintage photos.

Jennifer M said...

You have wonderful memories to cherish and pass along. Someone so much a part of us is never really gone. Jennifer

woollylottrugs said...

What a beautiful woman. So wonderful that you have so many beautiful pictures. You look so much like her. Lovely post.

hugs
cyndi

Anonymous said...

What a loving remembrance to your grandmother. I am sorry for your loss.
Michelle

HomeSpunPrims said...

Such a sweet remembrance Beth. I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother. I enjoyed looking at the walk thru her life. May you find comfort in all of your wonderful memories of her. In deepest sympathy, Lori

Sherry said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I loved seeing the pictures and reading about her. Grandmothers are a treasure. If she was like my Grandma (as she got older) she was looking forward to going home and seeing all of her passed on before her loved ones again.

Donna G. said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing them along with your memories. With memories she will never be absent from your life. With Christ she has not left you.....she's merely waiting to see you again.

janeks said...

Wonderful memories and pictures.She will never really leave

Penny said...

I am so sorry for your loss. This was a beautiful post and tribute to your wonderful grandma. You look very much like her.
May you be comforted by all the happy memories you hold in your heart of your sweet grandmother.

Krista said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. What a lovely post to your Grandmother, beautiful photos to treasure of happy memories.

Barbaral said...

Beautiful post, but I'm so sorry for your lost of course:(

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What lovely thoughts of a dear, sweet soul. Sending hugs to help ease your loss.

Hazel said...

What a beautiful tribute! x

marly said...

Lovely tribute. My sympathy to your family.

Barb said...

Wonderful pictures of your Grandmother. I'm glad you had so many wonderful years with her and your children got to meet her.

Terri said...

So sorry for your loss! Hugs and prayers!

Catherine said...

A simply beautiful tribute.....so sorry for your loss...

Pam in IL said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.