Saturday, January 10, 2015

Seven

It keeps happening. I can't stop her from growing up.

I positively adore the little lady that my girl is becoming. She is thoughtful, smart, creative, silly in all the right ways, helpful, is a world-champion cuddler, and tells me daily how glad she is that I'm her Mama. I love the way she looks up to and plays with her Brother, he is truly her best friend, and when they get to giggling together it makes me want to bottle them up and keep them that way forever.

This year, she is loving being a first grader, keeping the boys on their toes, and befriending each and every girl in her class, while managing to soar ahead scholastically. She has begun taking piano lessons and has elaborate dreams about playing the Charlie Brown music on a stage for an audience. She loves to play Minecraft with her brother, and flit about the house from one creative pursuit to another, leaving evidence behind from every venture (i.e. messes), but her very favorite thing is to construct her LEGO Friends sets. She has recently begun reading chapter books and wishes with all her heart for a bigger house so she could have room for a play kitchen.

She sleeps on the bottom bunk and her favorite color is pink.

Today, she turns seven years old.

My girl, my heart.

13 comments:

Nancy W said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! Your children are really cute! Miss those days!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday to your precious daughter:)

Penny said...

Happy Birthday to your little girl... she is just adorable!

gracie said...

Sending birthday wishes to such a lovely young lady...

Jonette said...

Happy Birthday!

Robin in Virginia said...

Sending your daughter Happy Birthday wishes!

Robin in Virginia

Catherine said...

I hope she had a wonderful birthday!

Joy said...

And a beautiful 7 she is!

Von said...

What a sweetheart! I hope she has a wonderful year. :D

Pam in IL said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet, beautiful daughter! Pink is my favorite color too.

Jeannine520 said...

Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter! She's an absolute doll and sounds so sweet.

Thoeria said...

A belated Happy Birthday to your adorable daughter :) They grow up so quickly, don't they?

Mary said...

Happy Belated Birthday to the lovely little lady.