Thursday, August 06, 2015

New Designs Coming Soon!

Norden's Fall Needlework Show is starting up on Monday! It is a wholesale only show that hopefully your favorite needlework shop has signed up for. All designs released during the show dates of August 10th - 19th are exclusive to Norden Crafts. That means you won't be able to order them from me or anyone else except a registered needlework shop until after the show closes. I have two designs that they'll be releasing for me.

They are... (drumroll please)...

"Forget Me Not"
This is a re-release of sorts. It was originally designed for The Gift of Stitching magazine back in the Spring of 2012. Anyone that subscribed to the magazine had access to the design, but it has never been officially distributed or available to my direct customers until now.

Stitch Count: 100 x 57
Model stitched with one thread over two on Weeks Dye Works’ 40ct. Tin Roof

Using threads from Weeks Dye Works: 1193 Guacamole, 1230 Havana, 2104 Deep Sea, 2201 Moss, 2219 Whiskey, 3960 Teal Frost

Additional Materials: Cotton fabric for backing, Cluny Lace Ric Rac in “Antique Caramel” from the Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe, and Crushed Walnut shells for filler.


"Morning Star"
I once saw an antique sampler with a portion of a Christmas hymn that piqued my interest, having never heard the words before. After a little searching I found the lyrics and used some favorite parts of them to set the structure of this sampler.

The words were written by Reginald Heber (1783-1826), who was an English clergyman, traveler, and poet. He is best known today for his hymn “Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty”.

The words are set to the tune “Morning Star”, composed by James Proctor Harding (1850-1911), who was an English organist and choir master.

Stitch Count: 301 x 129

Model stitched on Lakeside 32ct. Vintage Sand Dune
Mostly cross-stitched with one thread over two, also including eyelet stitch and French knots.

Using flosses from Classic Colorworks: Barn Door, Honeycomb
And from The Gentle Art: 0350 Mulberry, 7041 Apple Cider, 7080 Endive, 7082 Piney Woods

Frame by Valley House Primitives.


I'll put another announcement on my blog when these designs are available in my etsy shop. But for now, I encourage you to contact your favorite needlework shop and request it through them! This online show is a new experiment and I'm hoping it does well for Norden Crafts and for the shops that invest their time in shopping this sale. We are a hard-working industry and have to be supportive of each other if we want to continue to grow and have great new designs and materials available regularly.

For a list of retailers signed up to purchase from the show, click HERE.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGoodness, your new designs are absolutely beautiful but I want the Forget-Me-Not! We used to have an awesome needlework store locally but it changed to a quilt shop. I have no idea where I can get these designs. I live in the Cincinnati Ohio are. How can I find out who is a part of this show?
Debbie Sowards
busybeemom717@gmail.com

angelasweby said...

Beth your designs are absolutely lovely. In fact I stitched Forget me not as a gift to a. Friend a few years ago. I'm sending you an email with my two photos. It has such a vintage nostalgic feel to it.
I love your designs and have ordered several times from you. Good luck at the show. I'd love to be able to visit one of the big shows or take a class with you but Bedford in England bit too far to travel :-)

Gabriella said...

Ilove your new designs. Ciao.

Lynn said...

Beautiful designs! I am lucky enough to have the issue from GOS that contained Forget Me Not and I will definitely be ordering Morning Star. I think that it will be my Christmas stitch this year. My husband is and organist and choir director and so we are very familiar with this hymn. It suits us!