Monday, February 29, 2016

The Rest of February

I didn't take very many pictures in February.

I guess my nose was too close to the grindstone, getting ready for Market, to stop and document the world around me. It could also be that February is the most difficult month for me to take pictures of. Here in the Oregon foothills, it is so dark and damp and not much outside my window shows signs of life until the very last few weeks, when most of the following photos were taken.

We get excited about the smallest things in February, like a big display of hot cocoa, produced by our very own Boyd's Coffee Company, or a rare peek of sunbeams. Forced blooms, baby sheep, Valentine bouquets, and smiles hidden in the bubbles of a freshly brewed mug of coffee. It really is the simple things, that can make this life transcend ordinary, as long as we aren't too busy to notice.

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Lovely sentiments and lovely pictures.