Tuesday, February 02, 2016

*NOW AVAILABLE* Handprint on My Heart

Last year at this time, the members of Dyeing to Stitch's Ladies' Prim Society club received the kit for this design and started posting photos of their progress and finishes online. I have been getting requests from you all ever since, and now that the one-year exclusive status is past, get to offer it to you along with my other charts that are available for anyone to purchase.
Some people enter our lives for a short time, but leave a lasting impression. Others stay with us for a long time, but are taken from life too soon, and we hold onto the memory of times we shared. I imagine that the day when my babies move out of the house will be hard, and they certainly have left a handprint on my heart (as well as a few other places around the house).

With Valentine’s Day approaching, my thoughts turn to love, but not always romantic love. I wanted to create a design to fit the season, that could commemorate a lost love or be a reminder of someone still in our lives that had moved to a far away place, just as easily as it could be made to celebrate romance.

As I browsed for ideas, I came across the song “For Good” from the musical “Wicked”. It has a line that reads, “You’ll be with me like a handprint on my heart”. I added the word “always”, some simple motifs and patterns, and stitched it with red thread, the color of strength and joy.

Pattern chart includes a full Initial-in-a-Heart alphabet so that you can customize your pincushion and scissor fob, as well as a full set of capital letters and numbers for customizing the back with your own initials and date.

Stitch Count: 114 x 64 (each side)
Model stitched with one thread over two on R&R Reproductions’ 32ct. Winter Brew

Using thread from Classic Colorworks: Cherry Cobbler, English Ivy

Recommended Additional Materials:
Green Wool: 2 ½ by 3 ½
½” Hug Snug Rayon Seam Binding “Tropic Wine”: 1 ½ yards

Pincushion filling of your choice


This design is now available in my etsy shop, and will be going out to my distributors and the shops on my automatic shipments list soon. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

6 comments:

Patti said...

<3 LOVE!!!<3
Blessings, Patti

Kaisievic said...

Such a very pretty design, Beth.

Lizzy Pizzy said...

Love it ♥

karin said...

i have wanted this one so much!!!
Thank you!!!!!

Joy said...

I have "finished" several of these for others...now I can have one of my own! It's a lovely pattern.

PNLima said...

So lovely!
regards from Portugal
Paula Lima
http://pontoaquipontoacola.blogs.sapo.pt/