Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Independence Day

After last year's mis-interpretation of our small town's firework display invitation, (not the first time either, you should read back through our Independence Day experiences sometime) we arrived this year informed by experience and ready for a great show.

And armed with a certain picnic quilt that was celebrating its fifth anniversary.

It was too dark once we got positioned to take photos, but that's because we stopped at the market for some tubs of ice cream because last year we were disappointed by DQ being closed and not allowing us to have Blizzards. And also because I forgot that I had a different lens on my camera than I would normally use.

But I had my favorite people with me and some really chocolatey ice cream, and my snow boots on my feet to keep them warm, and I live in a country with more freedoms than many around the world, and I am blessed in more ways than I can count.

No comments: