Sunday, February 05, 2017

Market Preview: Sneak Peeks!!!

You guys! I've been SO hard at work getting new pretties ready to release in Nashville next month. Next month! Its really, really hard to believe that my big, most anticipated trip of the year is right around the corner again.

I still feel like a total newbie in the industry, having only been designing for 9 years, and this being just my third time attending the show. But as each year passes, it is feeling more and more like a home away from home. If you ever get a chance to attend as a helper or a shop owner or even as a fly on the wall, you need to; its like Disneyland for stitchers.

I've got four new designs for sure, and I'm working as hard as I can to get the fifth done in time. Wish me luck? First up, I'm offering the following three designs as exclusives; this means that they will only be offered for sale for the first month to those that buy them directly from me at the Nashville show. They won't be available to anyone else until one month after the show ends. So if you can't wait to get your hands on them, let your local needlework shop owner know so they can pick a copy up for you at the show. They are, in no particular order:

P is for Pomegranate: The Alphabet Series #4
Retail Price: $10

Model stitched with one thread over two
on Dames of the Needle 32 count Dirty Ewe
Using threads from The Gentle Art and Weeks Dye Works

Frame by Signed and Numbered:
6x6 Circle Opening Super Vintage Wood Tone

Let it Begin With Me
Retail Price: $10

Model stitched with one thread over two
on R&R Reproductions' 32 count Stars Hollow Blend
Threads: The Gentle Art, Classic Colorworks, & Weeks Dye Works

Hornbook by Perfect Prim Punch: Hornbook #39, 5.5 x 6.5 unfinished
(pdf tutorial will be made available for finishing at home)

Coffee Quaker: The Magical Elixir Series, Part II
Retail Price: $10

Model stitched with one thread over two on R&R Reproductions' 40 count Stars Hollow Blend
Threads: The Gentle Art, Classic Colorworks, and Weeks Dye Works

Frame by Total Framing (details to follow at a later date)

If I can get it finished in time, I'll be releasing The Bird Collection, Part IV, but its a little touch-and-go at this point. I'm stitching and designing as fast as I can. If I don't finish it in time for the show, it will be out shortly thereafter. All I can tell you for sure is that it includes an American Robin. Yay! There will be 3 birds like in the other installments of the collection, and all stitched on Picture This Plus' 32 count Wren.

The other immediate release will be an antique reproduction, which I've enhanced by adding a few smalls that were inspired by the antique:

The Redheaded Dog Sampler (a Faithfully Reproduced Antique Sampler)
Retail Price: $14

Model stitched with one thread over two
on Zweigart 40 count Newcastle Cream
which I coffee stained after stitching.

Threads: DMC

Frame by Total Framing (details to follow at a later date)



6 comments:

LaNelle said...

Beth, they all look marvelous what wonderful colors....so excited to see the next release of the birds having a robin sounds perfect❤️ Wishing you much success with the new releases...blessings

Diane said...

Hi Beth! I have been designing for 8 years and this will be my (Silver Creek Samplers) first year in Nashville! Should I bring a bottle of champagne to christen my room? LOL! I can't wait to meet you and see everything up close and personal. Your new releases look wonderful!

siamkitty said...

Looking forward to your new releases! I may have to stitch your new coffee sampler for my son-in-law, who is a coffee addict. :-)
Still haven't stitched "His Eye is On the Sparrow", but I have the chart, fabric, and floss in a special decorative box waiting for when I get a few WIPs finished. :-)

Krissy B. said...

When do we get to shop? The colors in these are wonderful. Looking forward to seeing what they are.

Unknown said...

Oh, I want that coffee one!!

Lynda (Granny K) said...

The Coffee Quaker is a definite must have for me!

I love your designs, please print plenty to send to England!