Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Could 9 Be Any Sweeter?

I hear stories about little girls losing their sweetness about this age in exchange for attitude and sass beyond their years. I don't know if it's because of social influences or genetics or what other influences come into play. But not you, my darling girl. I see your sweet spirit and kindness toward others just growing stronger as you get older. Your understanding of people and their behavior is beyond your years. I absolutely adore watching you learn how to interact with others. I love your happy bubbly personality and your quick-to-be-diverted attention span. I watch you as you play at real life with your growing family of dolls and am constantly impressed with your grasp of reality (even while halfway believing that your dolls are alive). You are one of the brightest spots in my life, my sweetheart. I can't imagine what it would be like to live without you.
Your birthday celebration started with ditching school and work and having a family day, complete with breakfast at Stephanie's, an afternoon movie (Sing, because Fantastic Beasts was advertised incorrectly on the theater's web site; although initially disappointed, you loved the alternate movie), and dinner and dessert with your Twix family.

The weather was icy and snowy all the way down into the valley, so your birthday party with friends didn't happen until a few weeks later. Your choice this year was Build-a-Bear, which turned out to be a pretty great party. Some special friends and lots of cousins were there to join in on the fun, which made it especially great. At the end of the day, you were already wishing you could do it all over again. I would put the day on infinite loop for you if I could. But life is funny that way; no matter how hard we wish and dream, time just keeps ticking by and before you know it another year has passed.
I look forward to all of those future days with you my sweet girl. I love you more than you know. Happy Birthday!

No comments: