Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Free Chart for Valentines Day

I know that I already have a Valentine booklet out, but had such a hard time resisting yet another idea for that sentimental holiday which will be arriving soon. Not inspired by a sampler this time, but rather by a Victorian era postcard.

I am a bit of a sucker for old fonts, so I thought I would try my hand at reproducing the lettering...

The original was printed with a soft red, matte gold, and summer-skies blue. I envision it looking something like this:

Enjoy! And as always, will you please share photos of your finishes with me? I love seeing what you do with my designs.

11 comments:

Nancy said...

This is beautiful Beth! Thank you, and I love the card that was your inspiration!

Tracey said...

Well done! Thank you so much!

Lorraine B said...

I love it! The old font came out great (my favorite)! Thank you, again, for sharing.

Catherine said...

Lovely! Thanks so much!

Dora said...

The lettering is just beautiful and exactly like the card! Well done. That card is so sweet.
Thanks so much.

Margaret said...

I love it! Thank you so much and Happy Valentine's Day!

Laurie in Iowa said...

It's lovely... thank you!

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Awesome and love the colors.
Looks like it will be fun to stitch.
Thanks.

Evik said...

It is lovely :) Thank you!

Unknown said...

Oh, it's lovely - thank you so much for sharing this with all of us.

Louise said...

It is so beautiful!! thank you. I am having trouble printing it out though..it is too big and only half of the design prints out. What am I doing wrong?

thanks for any help,
Raggedystitches,
Louise
www.raggedystitcher.blogspot.com