Friday, March 18, 2011

New Release... Sweet Lovers Love the Spring

A new design for you today... now listed in my etsy shop and also available directly through me via email (beth@heartstringsamplery.com).


Inspired by Shakespeare and Spring Fever, this sweet little pin cushion is a quick and festive way to combat the lingering-winter-blues.

I used one line from a song that the author included in his famous As You Like It play (the entire song is printed inside the chart cover).

Also included in this pattern are a bonus alphabet for customization and an over-one version of the verse, in case you would prefer it to be tiny.

In addition, there are instructions for making a Silver Dollar Scissor Fob, which is filled with... a real US Silver Dollar. I just love how compact yet weighty it is. I confess that until now, I didn't really "get" fobs, but I find that I'm a little hooked on the feel of this fellow dangling from my scissors.

Stitch Count: 113 x 113
Model stitched on Weeks Dye Works 40ct. Angel Hair

Using flosses from The Gentle Art: 0450 Corn Husk, 0520 Copper, 0540 Brandy, 7018 Woodrose, 7041 Apple Cider

Conversion to DMC provided with the pattern.

For finishing the Pin Cushion, you will need additional matching linen for backing, wide rick-rack in a cream or ecru color, and batting or filling of your choice.

For finishing the Silver Dollar Scissor Fob, you will need additional matching linen for backing, narrow rick-rack in a cream or ecru color, and one US Silver Dollar.


All of my patterns come with a fully detailed & professional thread chart, color photograph, & my recommendations for floss and fabric. It will arrive in a plastic zip-close envelope for safe keeping.

4 comments:

Patty C. said...

Great pattern - I like the colors you have used :)

Marie said...

Nice!!

Karan said...

Beautiful! :0)

Anonymous said...

Love this. Starting my next order list now. I have the perfect friend to make this for!

Deb in TN