Friday, March 04, 2011

Pushing Back

I did something this week that I have rarely done in my life.

I bought flowers for myself.

Daffodils.

They are sitting on my kitchen windowsill so that they are the first thing I see, distracting me from the continual cycle of rain-snow-rain-snow-rain-snow that has turned my landscape into a gloomy mess of perpetually melting and sagging snow and mud.

I also bought strawberries. Not-organic, out-of-season, overgrown and barely-sweet strawberries. Yet they somehow still tasted good.

I am trying to push back Winter with all my might.

Someone else in this house has Spring Fever...


And here is another of my treasuries, which nicely fits the theme of this post. Its called "Craving Curry and Blue Skies"...

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I think I might have to go buy my spring flowers too. Pretty soon my sisters will have stories of flowers blooming and we are still stuck with snow here in Idaho. (They are in Salem and Canby, OR, so they are just getting rain right now.) strampinfromtheheart.blogspot.com

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Good for you! We should always treat ourselves, once in a while!

Alice said...

I believe in treating myself to flowers now and then; they are a mood lifter!