Thursday, March 31, 2011

Out Like a Lion

At least we are done with the snow... but I will be SO happy to be done with the rain as well.

It has been a record-breaking March in our area. By this time last year, we had already reached 60 degrees ten times over (and most other years 5-8 times)... This year? Nada. Zip. Zilch. Double the usual amount of rain and cold.

Muddy.

Dreary.

I have made so many trips to the kennel and back, through the mud, that my rubber boots are cracking apart at the ankle. Hm. Wait a minute... that's a good thing... that means I get to shop for new rubber boots, right?

I have purchased daffodils for my kitchen windowsill twice, and I'm not the kind of girl that buys flowers for herself.

Okay, okay... I'll stop whining now. No one likes a whiner.

Besides, I am a believer in the old Norwegian saying, "There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes".

1 comment:

Alice said...

I appreciate you are trying to see the bright side, but somehow I can't seem to muster much enthusiasm about shopping for rubber boots. The weather has to get better sometime! The kids look like they are having fun; instant mud pies!