Friday, April 06, 2012

*NEW* Never Let You Go

This sampler spent a very long time in the designing phase. It is a combination of several different motifs charted, then saved for later. Arranged together first one way, then another, until… there! I deemed it ‘just right’.

The verse that hovers in between the angels is from I John 4:18 in the King James Version of the Bible, “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.”

The phrase in the next section reads:
“I wish I was a little seed I’d grow & grow & grow
I’d twine myself around your heart and never let you go.”

With the exception of the antennae on the butterfly, the entire sampler is worked with cross stitches, using one thread. The Scripture verse (0410 Tarnished Gold), quote, name and date (7092 Otter Creek) are worked over-one, while the rest of the sampler is worked over-two.

Stitch Count: 201 x 228
Model stitched on Northern Cross 35ct. Cream linen which was coffee stained prior to stitching.

Using flosses from The Gentle Art: 0130 Avocado, 0410 Tarnished Gold, 0460 Grecian Gold, 7018 Woodrose, 7019 Pomegranate, 7060 Picnic Basket, 7061 Caramel Corn, 7080 Endive, 7092 Otter Creek

And flosses from Weeks Dye Works: 1108 Honeysuckle, 1127 Skinny Dip, 2199 Tarragon

The frame was thrifted then sized to fit.

This design is now available in my etsy shop, and will be going out to my distributors and the shops on my automatic shipments list soon. If you prefer to bypass etsy and order directly through me, you can send me an email: beth@heartstringsamplery.com

17 comments:

marly said...

Might just be my favorite from you, but with all your great designs it's hard to say for sure!

Sarah Beth said...

Will you be kitting this. I may want to order one that is knitted up. Mostly because I don't have a LNS. Nearby. The one in Indianapolis called Needle Fever closed last month:(. They had been in business 35 years.

Sarah Beth said...

Will you be kitting this. I may want to order one that is knitted up. Mostly because I don't have a LNS. Nearby. The one in Indianapolis called Needle Fever closed last month:(. They had been in business 35 years.

lynda said...

Love this one too! Just visited your etsy shoppe.

Cathy B said...

I ditto what Marly said - this might just be my favorite of your designs!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Absolutely love it, Beth! Off to order it right now!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Okay Beth! That is just beautiful! I can understand why it took so long to get just right! Congratulations on a fabulous new design! I always enjoy stopping by every day for a little visit!

taylors*farmhouse*attic said...

It is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Vickie said...

Great job Beth! Easter Blessings to you. :)

connie said...

I LOVE your new sampler..

Lorraine B said...

Hi Beth, I absolutely love this one, too! This is a must have. I am so impressed with your creativity! Have a wonderful Easter!!!!

marina said...

How enchanting your sampler Beth!
I love it.
I wish a blessed Easter to you and your loved ones.

Shirlee said...

Hi! I am a new follower (directed here by Cathy B) & I love this sampler! Another project to add to my stash : ) Happy Easter!

Jeanne said...

Love this Beth !!!

Teri said...

Oh Beth. This one literally brought tears to my eyes. So beautiful in so many ways!

Laurie D said...

Beth--ditto what everyone else says! We got the 3 charts from you at Acorns on Saturday morning and all were sold before we closed that day! I will be waiting impatiently for more to come in so I can get mine--this one is a great design and I can't wait to stitch it.

Laurie D.

Marie-Libellule said...

Je suis en train de le broder avec une amie de mon forum d'abécédaires anciens et je l'adore! Je vous enverrai une photo quand il sera terminé (je l'ai commencé juste hier...) Amitiés de France!