Monday, April 16, 2012

Little Bunny Rug

Way back in 2008, I was part of the BLESTB selling group on ebay and took part in a Spring-themed exchange. I was the very happy recipient of a package from Lori Rippey, who, knowing that I was interested in trying my hand at rug hooking, not only drew up a sweet little design for me, but also included a bunch of wool to help me get started.
Well, I hopped right in, got that tulip hooked, then set it aside, when I realized that my baby girl was a little too needy and grabby for me to have loose wool worms laying about.
Fast forward to 2009, when I hooked my very first rug as a gift for my Sister in Law. Still a tough go with young kids and no frame to speak of, but I finished it, and enjoyed the challenge.
This Spring, for reasons beyond my understanding, I suddenly remembered that original tulip that I had hooked, and the bunny just waiting to be brought to life, and I had a very strong hankering to get it finished. So I jumped right in, still with no frame, but with determination and a pile of Robin's Egg Blue wool that was just dying to be hung on my kitchen wall.
Oh, it was so much easier this time around! With kids old enough to understand and obey when told to keepoutofMama'sstuff!
Thank you, Lori, for that sweet gift so many years ago, and for never asking along the way if I was ever going to get it hooked. I'm a slow starter sometimes, but now that I have had a taste, I think that there will certainly be more in the way of hooked items appearing in my storyline.

8 comments:

HomeSpunPrims said...

Oh Beth! It turned out wonderful!! I LOVE how you did the background. I'd say you are a natural. I hope it instilled in you a desire to keep rug hooking. It's addicting and there are endless possibilities for patterns. I'm glad you enjoyed the bunny and tulip and appreciate you mentioning my name. You are so very welcome. Well done! Hugs, Lori

Patti said...

Love <3 !!! The background is absolute perfection. You are a natural no matter what the craft!
Blessings, Patti

Anonymous said...

I love this ~ I've not taken the leap to try this craft, but maybe some day ...

Michelle in California

Penny said...

It is fabulous, Beth!!! Love it!

Chelle (Dana) said...

Your bunny rug turned out wonderful. I love the colors and I love the way you hooked the background.

Vickie said...

sweet! :)

Ellen said...

This is fabulous!!! I'm really impressed. You did a marvelous job.

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Hooking is something I have been wanting to try Beth! Yours finished up beautifully! Love those colors..