Thursday, May 29, 2014

Lately

I don't know what its like where you live, but the middle of Spring in the Pacific Northwest is so GREEN that sometimes it hurts the eyes. All the chartreuse shades of new growth against the older, more resilient greens of fern, moss, and conifer... the pops of rainbow-colored flowers are like confetti in a big bowl of leafy green salad with green goddess dressing. The constant on-again, off-again showers keep it all bright and fresh and abundant.

I find myself completely disgusted with my flower beds. All the hours of work and dozen wheelbarrows full of unwanted volunteers might as well have never occurred. This is the season of unchecked growth. Whyever do I think I can stay on top of all of these weeds, I'll never know. I keep threatening to turn them all into grass beds, but every year I buckle down and get back at it. The efforts we put out for a little extra beauty...
Chives :: Almost Strawberries :: Bacon :: Snail & Moss :: Purrrrrrr :: Poppy :: Single Malt :: Warm :: Favorite Jeans :: Feathers :: Sage :: Carefree :: Overgrown :: Move-in Ready :: Daddy's Home :: All the Way Through :: Belts :: Ready, Set, Grow!

6 comments:

gracie said...

I so enjoyed my visit with you today!

Von said...

Such a pretty yard and garden! It's definitely worth the time you put in. :)

Jennifer M said...

Wonderful pictures:)

woollylottrugs said...

Beth,
I sent you an email several days ago. Did you get it? I'll send another one now. Let me know.

Cindy

Thoeria said...

I love all your pics :) And your kids are adorable! Are those your black kitties? Wow! They are HUGE! I love cats :)

woollylottrugs said...

I got your two emails today Beth and responded. If you don't get them let me know. Many thanks.

cindy