Monday, February 09, 2015

*Ladies' Prim Society Design* Handprint on My Heart

With Valentine’s Day approaching, my thoughts turn to love, but not always romantic love. I wanted to create a design for Dyeing to Stitch's Ladies' Prim Society Club to fit the season, that could commemorate a lost love or be a reminder of someone still in our lives that had moved to a far away place, just as easily as it could be made to celebrate romance.

As I browsed for ideas, I came across the song “For Good” from the musical “Wicked”. It has a line that reads, “You’ll be with me like a handprint on my heart”. I added the word “always”, some simple motifs and patterns, and stitched it with red thread, the color of strength and joy.

I’m sure there are a thousand different scenarios of loved ones in your life that this little pin cushion can be made to fit.

If you've already joined the Ladies' Prim Society Club, then you'll be happy to know that your kits are going to start going out in the mail very, very soon. If you haven't joined yet, its not too late! There are still a few spots left open, so if you want to get in on this first kit, click here to join up! This design is exclusive to the club, and will not be available for purchase from anyone else, including my own etsy shop.

Designs this year will alternate between the super talented ladies of Blackbird Designs and myself. I'm already brainstorming ideas for my next offering, and can hardly wait to see what the Blackbird ladies come up with for theirs.

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Beth, what a fabulous piece you have created for the Ladies' Prim Club.

Enjoy your day!

Robin in Virginia

carol fun said...

This is my third year in The Ladies Prim Society and I think it will be the best year yet. I LOVE your design! I'll be stalking my mail man till this one arrives. Thanks for the reveal!

Kay said...

This is just beautiful. x

Katrina said...

So sweet!!!!! Can't wait to get mine :-).