Friday, January 08, 2016

In January

The new year comes, grey and cold.

I love the still months after the holidays, when the earth is sleeping, saving up energy for April. No long lists of gifts to buy, traditions to maintain, people to see.

January is when I get to take a deep breath.

Corners get dusted that grew a few too many dust bunnies during the busy season. Drawers and shelves and cubbies are freed from some of their hostages, kept for far too long. I have brain space to think, plan, strategize for the coming year.

It's all good, I tell you.

Farmboy yearns for Spring, itches for warmth and sun. But me? I like saving up energy along with the earth.
Greenhouse at Rest :: Backyard Conquerors :: Western Red Cedar :: Hidden Treasures :: Star Magnolia Bud :: Aim Carefully :: Lilac Buds :: Winter Sky :: Mourning Dove :: While She's Still Little :: Tiny Rainbow :: Most Winter Days in Oregon Look Like This

1 comment:

Penny said...

I'm starting to feel as you do about the few months after the holidays... a time to unwind and regroup!
Lovely pictures, as always!