Monday, May 09, 2016

Mother's Day

This one. The boy that was the first person to ever call me Mama. The ten year old that is already over five feet tall and can knock me over with his exuberant hugs. The kid that still holds my hand in public. He has my whole heart. I truly wish you could all know him. He is the sweetest, kindest boy you will ever meet.

And oh, this girl. The daughter I was scared to have, but that completed my heart in a way I never imagined. The eight year old that still curls up in my lap every time she gets a chance. This happy living bubble of joy. She has my whole heart. I truly wish you could all know her. She is the most delightful, kind-hearted girl you will ever meet.

And can I just say that those crinkles around my eyes must be because these kids make me smile so much. I'm certainly not old enough to be showing this much age, am I? That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.

For Mother's Day this year, we did something we've never done before... a family art project. I've had some stepping stone kits in my shopping cart on amazon for well over a year, and finally pulled the trigger, telling my family that they didn't have a choice. This is what I wanted to do for Mother's Day. Farmboy even gave me a bit of an eye roll.

But afterward? He's a total convert, loved every second, and can I just say that he's got quite the artist hiding out in that handsome head of his?
Kits were purchased from amazon.com, made by two different companies; we used this one, this one, and this one. Even though one of the kits was missing its bag of glass pieces, we still had enough for four stones with a lot left over. The molds are re-usable, and I can't wait to make more!

No comments: